At Plank Construction Services, safety is our number one priority, and is a dedicated part of our culture. All Plank Construction Services employees work together as part of our Safety Committee to accomplish the goal of jobsite safety and risk mitigation. This is practiced on a daily basis both on and off site.
To achieve this goal, Plank Construction Services hired former Federal OSHA Compliance Officer Tim Starin, CHST, as the Corporate Safety and Health Director. Tim has vast experiences in the construction safety and health field, spanning over three decades. While working federal compliance, he has performed dozens of fatal and non-fatal accident investigations. This is a partial list of Tim’s accomplishments:
- Earned the U.S. Secretary of Labor’s Exceptional Achievement Award in 2011.
- Earned accreditation from the BCSP (Board of Certified Safety Professionals) as a CHST (Construction Health and Safety Technician) in 2003. Certification is current.
- Certified OSHA 500 Occupational Safety and Health Trainer for Construction.
- Participating member of the ASSP (American Society of Safety Professionals).
- Current NYS Asbestos Supervisor.
Prior to the start-up of each project at Plank Construction Services, meetings with the Estimating and Project Management Departments are conducted for detailed site information. Tim will devise site-specific safety and health programs as well as job hazard analysis for each project. All programs are then communicated to the Project Managers and Site Superintendents. Tim performs regular comprehensive inspections of all Plank Construction Services jobsites to ensure full compliance of our safety and health policies. All concerns are discussed as a team; monitoring risk potentials and ensuring safety.
For more information on our safety department, contact Tim at (518) 344-5400, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.